[R] how to call a C-library in R

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Sun Aug 24 00:22:36 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 3:56 PM, cindy Guo <cindy.guo3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
> I need to use a C library. But since I have little experience in C, I want
> to call this C library in R and program the rest in R. Does anyone know how
> to do this?

Yes, I do.

Assuming that your next question will be "How do you do this?" I will
answer that one too.  You begin by reading the manual "Writing R
Extensions".  If, as you indicate, you don't know much about
programming in C that manual will be a tough read, but that is the
nature of the beast.  You want to do something complicated and you
will need to learn quite a bit to be able to do it.