[R] HELP: how to add weight to a [x,y] coordinate

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Fri Aug 22 17:27:48 CEST 2008

There are several options.

You can use the sunflowerplot function.

You can plot solid points with a small alpha value (not all graphics devices support this), so that just a few points show up pale, but a lot show up as more opaque.

You can use the symbols function (or bubbleplot, or my.symbols, or ..., from other packages).

You can use the hexbin package and function (bioconductor) (I think this is my prefered method).

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center