[R] generating a random signal with a known correlation

Pedro.Rodriguez at sungard.com Pedro.Rodriguez at sungard.com
Thu Aug 21 14:46:32 CEST 2008

Hi Yasir,

Try the following reference:

A heuristic approach for the generation of multivariate random samples
with specific marginal distributions and correlation matrix, Dimos C.
Charmpis and Panayiota L. Panteli, Computational Statistics 19, 283-300,
2004.

I have the R code, please let me know if you need it, I will more than
happy to post it online. Nonetheless, soon I will create an add-on
package.

Rmvnorm assume a multivariate normal distribution, the method from above
is flexible enough to mix marginals.

Kind Regards,

Pedro