[R] Reading in a value of .Random.seed in .Rprofile

Charles C. Berry cberry at tajo.ucsd.edu
Thu Aug 21 00:21:36 CEST 2008

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008, Rolf Turner wrote:

> For reasons that are best known to myself [ ;-) ] I have a value of
> .Random.seed
> saved (via dput()) in a file ``.Random.seed.save''.
>
> In my .Rprofile I have the lines:
>
> .Random.seed <- dget(".Random.seed.save")
> Junk <- dget(".Random.seed.save")
> print(all.equal(.Random.seed,dget(".Random.seed.save")))
> print(all.equal(Junk,dget(".Random.seed.save")))
>
> The two calls to all.equal() both return TRUE.
>
> However when I repeat the calls from the command line after the
> R session has started, I get TRUE from the second (``Junk'') call
> but
>
> [1] "Mean relative difference: 0.1"
>
> from the first.

Not on my computer.

I get TRUE twice whether at start up, source()ing
.Rprofile, or C-c C-n'ing the lines from emacs ESS.

I have to type

 	load(".RData")

_after_ startup to get behavior like you describe.

Perhaps, you have something later in your .Rprofile that specifically
load()'s your old .RData?

Chuck

p.s.

> sessionInfo()