[R] Pdf file size for very scatter plots

Nazareno Andrade nazareno at lsd.ufcg.edu.br
Fri Aug 15 21:46:52 CEST 2008

Jim,

Thanks for the answer. Using pch="." reduces the file to ~3MB... Still large.

I'll look into hexbins, but if I understand it right, it would 'round'
points which are nearby into a same hexagon, right? Couldn't that
result in an inaccurate view of a scatter plot?

Here's the code I'm using:

pdf(); plot(rnorm(1e5), rnorm(1e5), pch = "."); dev.off()

thanks again,
Nazareno