[R] Opening a web browser from R?

J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
Fri Aug 15 12:55:52 CEST 2008

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a way in R to open a web browser (such as
Internet Explorer, or Firefox or whatever).
I'm doing some analyses that have associated urls, and it would be
nice to have the ability to directly open the relevant page from
within R.
I was looking at the help for 'url' and I can see I can probably
access the information I need and display it in my own way, but can I
somehow just open the given url with my web browser of choice?

many thanks for any help,

Jose

--
Dr. Jose I. de las Heras                      Email: J.delasHeras at ed.ac.uk
The Wellcome Trust Centre for Cell Biology    Phone: +44 (0)131 6513374

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.