[R] ggplot2: remove minor-horizontal guide before drawing

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 17:00:10 CEST 2008

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately, the book is a bit ahead of the current version of
ggplot2 code, and it's a bit of pain to do in the 0.6 code.  Your best
bet is to have a look at grid.grab to capture the grob before it is

In the development version the new theming support lets completely
turn off minor gridlines (or pretty much anything else) for a whole
session, which should make things easier in the future.