[R] New to R. Question about very large files

paulandpen paulandpen at optusnet.com.au
Thu Aug 14 16:25:35 CEST 2008

Hi Richard,

It is if you use Rattle.  Rattle allows you to do that for quite a few types
of models and has a really nice GUI interface.  It has been developed for
the purposes of datamining, and given your use of the term "score" in your
post, I assume in part that this is what you are looking for.  You can
import a random sample of cases (a training percentage from the total
dataset) and the package will use the remainder of your sample for testing
and scoring.  Rattle is very sophisticated in terms of the algorithms it
offers, and once you get going in R, SAS will become obselete (just
kidding).

Sorry if I am wrong here about what you need.

Welcome ..... Paul