[R] How to repress the annoying complains from X window system

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Aug 12 13:28:26 CEST 2008

Dear Mark and Adrian,

I was under the impression that these errors were fixed in R 2.4.0; you
could try setting the Rcmdr option suppress.X11.warnings=TRUE and see
whether that helps (but first read the information on the option in
?Commander).

As Mark mentioned, I'm currently at the useR conference and don't have
access to a Linux system here, so I can't check directly.

I hope that this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor
Department of Sociology