[R] Tcl\tk not supported on this system

Bernardo Rangel Tura tura at centroin.com.br
Mon Aug 11 11:24:01 CEST 2008

Em Sex, 2008-08-08 às 13:27 -0400, Michael Gormley escreveu:
> In trying to install the pbatR package, I was greeted with the error
>
> Error: package 'tcltk' does not have a name space
> Execution halted
>
> Directly installing the package tcltk2 returned the following error:

> Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
>         Tcl/Tk support is not available on this system
>
> I have seen from previous posts that tcl/tk must be present when R is
> installed.
> I tried reinstalling R from source using
>
> ./configure
> make
>
> and although the installation went fine I received the same errors.
>
> Typing rpm -qa|grep tcl returns:
> tclx-8.3.5-4
> tcl-8.4.7-2
> tcl-8.4.7-2

Hi Michael,

If I understand you install tcl/tk but not instaled developers packages
of tcl/tk.

I ubbuntu - debian packages - exists 2 packagas for tcl (tcl8.? and
tcl8.?-dev) and 2 packages for tk (tk8.? and tk8.?-dev)

In your system also exist 2 packagas tcl-8.4.7-2 and tcl-devel-8.4.7-2

I thinks if you install tcl-devel and tk-devel packages you solve your
problem
--
Bernardo Rangel Tura, M.D,MPH,Ph.D
National Institute of Cardiology