[R] History pruning

Ken Williams ken.williams at thomsonreuters.com
Fri Aug 8 20:57:03 CEST 2008

On 8/8/08 1:04 PM, "Greg Snow" <Greg.Snow at imail.org> wrote:

> Ken,
>
> Others have given hints on pruning the history, but are you committed to doing
> this way?

Not necessarily.  Only the starting point & ending point really matter; I'd
like to be able to start with a transcript of a bunch of aimless commands
(e.g. the output of sink() or of ess-transcript-clean-buffer or a history
transcript), and end up with a nice focused handful of commands suitable for
showing to other people.  I'm sure the final goal can't typically be
achieved fully automatically, but some kind of support from tools would be
great.

Thanks for mentioning plot2script() and the TeachingDemos package, those are
indeed nice examples to look at.

--
Ken Williams
Research Scientist