[R] Vista problem -- can't type commands at prompt

Tim Calkins tim.calkins at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 03:33:10 CEST 2008

Hi All -

I recently moved to Vista and reinstalled R.  I am able to run R as I
typically do (R.exe from the command prompt), and it can work well.
However, if I switch windows to, say, firefox or excel or anything
else, when I return to the R prompt it no longer works.  I am able to
use the up and down arrow keys to access previous commands, but no
other key stroke has any impact.

As long as I leave the R window active, it continues to work as
expected.  I have tried using the batchfiles "el R" method which
doesn't work.  I have disabled UAC and am an admin on this machine.

thanks for any help you might be able to provide.

tim

--
Tim Calkins
0406 753 997