[R] Diagnosing Documentation Issues

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 19:49:34 CEST 2008

Mac OS X 10.5.4
intel processor
R 2.7.1
MacTex - latest version (yesterday and checked for updates)
I am trying to diagnose a documentation issue.  I don't know TeX at
all- I may have a friend who does I will find out tonight, but this is
more of a procedural question.  I have Read the FAQ, R package manual,
etc, but can't seem to find a "how to make everything play together
nicely" document- and this, I'm sure, is ignorance on my part.

1. I have run R CMD check and everything is fine, including the check
on the .Rd files.  There is latex to pdf found.  and then there is a
warning message at the end about the latex.
2. In the file created by R CMD check there is a pdf file with all of
the man pages there, but table of contents or index- just the separate
pages for each different function
3. My plan is to run R CMD Rd2dvi --pdf on each separate Rd file that
is part of the package to see which particular one is the bugger
4. Whatever else anyone suggests

I can upload the whole package somewhere so that this is reproducible
if the list would find that helpful.

Thanks,

Stephen Sefick
Southeastern Natural Sciences Academy