[R] RE SHAPE package question.

hpdutra hpdutra at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 2 22:07:43 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I am trying to reorganized my data sets so that it is easy for MARK to read
it.
Basically I have the encounter histories of 1837 butterflies
The data looks like this the first 4 columns are the occasions and the last
two code for male and female

> t1  t2  t3  t4   M   F
> 1    0   0    0   1   0  male capture on time1 but not seen on time 2, 3
> and 4
> 1    0   0    0   1   0  male capture on time1 but not seen on time 2, 3
> and 4
> 1    0   0    0   0   1  female capture on time1 but not seen on times 2,
> 3 and 4
> 1    0   1    1   1   0  male captured on time 1, not seen on time 2,
> recaptured on time 3 and 4
> 1    0   1    1   1   0  female captured on time 1, not seen on time 2,
> recaptured on occasions 3 and 4
> 1    0   1    1   1   0  female captured on time 1, not seen on time 2,
> recaptured on occasions 3 and 4
> 1    0   1    1   1   0  female captured on time 1, not seen on time 2,
> recaptured on occasions 3 and 4

and I want to convert that into

>t1  t2  t3  t4   M  F
> 1    0   0    0   2  1   Two males and 1 female captured on time1 but not
> seen on time 2, 3 and 4
> 1    0   1    1   1  3   One male and two females captured on time 1 and ,
> not seen on time 2, recaptured
                                on time 3 and 4

I tried to melt it using reshape, but I am getting odd results!

Any help is good help!