[R] Newbie question: How to use tapply() on several vectors simultaneously

Dimitris Rizopoulos Dimitris.Rizopoulos at med.kuleuven.be
Fri Aug 1 15:30:52 CEST 2008

one option is aggregate(), e.g.,

test <- as.data.frame(cbind(c(rep(1,5),rep(2,5)), rnorm(10), rnorm(10)))
names(test)[1] <- "groupID"
aggregate(test[c("V2", "V3")], list(test$groupID), mean)

I hope it helps.

Best,
Dimitris

--
Dimitris Rizopoulos
Biostatistical Centre

Address: Kapucijnenvoer 35, Leuven, Belgium
Tel: +32/(0)16/336899
Fax: +32/(0)16/337015
Web: http://med.kuleuven.be/biostat/
      http://perswww.kuleuven.be/dimitris_rizopoulos/