[R] XML write?

Jeffrey Horner jeff.horner at vanderbilt.edu
Tue Apr 29 16:02:40 CEST 2008

Alberto Monteiro wrote on 04/29/2008 08:37 AM:
> Is there any function to write a XML structure, after it was
> read using xmlTreeParse?
>
> Ex:
> library(XML)
> x <- xmlTreeParse("Irpf2008/aplicacao/dados/12345678901/12345678901.xml")
> # write it...

Calling:

library(help=XML) # or
help(package=XML)

lists all the functions from the XML package, and saveXML seems to be
what you want.

I remember having difficulty finding these functions (for listing
package contents) when I first learned R, and perusing the posting guide
did mention them in relation to properly posting info about surprising
behavior and bugs. Maybe a new list item can be added under "Do your
homework before posting", something like:

* Do help(package="packageName") for a description and function list of
the installed "packageName", or read the package reference manual from
CRAN (http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/).

Best,

Jeff

http://biostat.mc.vanderbilt.edu/JeffreyHorner