[R] randomForest and ordered factors

Birgit Lemcke birgit.lemcke at systbot.uzh.ch
Tue Apr 29 14:37:59 CEST 2008

Hello R-user!

I am running R 2.7.0 on a Power Book (Tiger). (I am still R and
statistics beginner)

I try to find the most important variables to divide my dataset as
given in a categorical variable.

code:

Test.rf4<-randomForest(Sex~.,na.action=na.roughfix, data=Subset4,
importance=TRUE, proximity=TRUE, ntree=10000, do.trace=1000,
keep.forest=FALSE)

My dataset contains also ordered factors classified as such.
Is randomForest able to deal with it, does it change anything or is
there no difference in using factors or ordered factors?

Many thanks in advance

B.

Birgit Lemcke
Institut für Systematische Botanik
Zollikerstrasse 107
CH-8008 Zürich
Switzerland
Ph: +41 (0)44 634 8351
birgit.lemcke at systbot.uzh.ch

175 Jahre UZH
«staunen.erleben.begreifen. Naturwissenschaft zum Anfassen.»
MNF-Jubiläumsevent für gross und klein.
19. April 2008, 10.00 Uhr bis 02.00 Uhr
Campus Irchel, Winterthurerstrasse 190, 8057 Zürich
Weitere Informationen http://www.175jahre.uzh.ch/naturwissenschaft