[R] empirical null distribution

mad_bassie mad_bassie at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 29 14:09:55 CEST 2008

I'm using F-distributions :)
I allready found some things...I could plot the qqplot as you say and that
gives me clear results.
Allthough I still want a clear graphic and I 'll explain it as good as I
can...

I plotted 2 graphics
plot(density(rf(10000,2,49)))
plot(density(disttest))

(the "disttest" is a distribution i simulated myself like this:
for(i in 1:100){

   X<-rnorm(50,20,4)
   Y<-rnorm(50,20,5)
   Z<-rnorm(50,20,4)

   vector<-c (X, Y, Z)
   vector2<-rep(c('X','Y','Z'),c(50,50,50))
   data1<-data.frame(waarde=vector, soort = vector2)
   library(mvtnorm)

   library(multcomp)
   data1$soort<-as.factor(data1$soort)

   disttest<-c(disttest,summary(aov(waarde~soort,data=data1))[[1]][1,4])
   }
(I want to compare the theroretical F-distribution with a distribution where
the variances are not equal...)

Thos are 2 fine plots but I just can't figure out how to put them together
in one graphic...is this possible in R...it would make things much clearer
because the window setting are not really equal wich makes it difficult to
compare...

Thanks a lot allready!