[R] completion doesn't work anymore

Peter Dalgaard P.Dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Apr 28 11:38:04 CEST 2008

Peter Dalgaard wrote:
> Ralf Goertz wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> after updating to 2.7.0, command line completion doesn't work anymore. I
>> understand that the package rcompgen is now part of utils. I hadn't used
>> rcompgen before but completion worked without it (I double checked it
>> using an 2.6.2 version on another machine). Now, it doesn't work, even
>> after switching on all option via "rc.settings". I updated R using the
>> opensuse 10.3 repository.
>>
>> For instance I have a data frame d. When I enter
>>
>> d$<Tab><Tab>
>>
>> I see a list of files in the current directory instead of the names in
>> the data frame.
>>
>> What can I do to turn it back on?
>>

> Pester the SUSE maintainer about it (cc'ed). Same thing happened with
> 2.6.0, so he'll know what to do...
>
>     -pd

The 10.2 version that I just installed does seem to work though:
viggo:~/>R

R version 2.7.0 (2008-04-22)
Copyright (C) 2008 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing
ISBN 3-900051-07-0
> air
airmiles    airquality
> airquality$
airquality$Day      airquality$Ozone    airquality$Temp
airquality$Month    airquality$Solar.R  airquality$Wind

Save workspace image? [y/n/c]: n