[R] R question about prediction from a fitted model

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Apr 26 23:21:58 CEST 2008

Lisa <sangwl at gmail.com> wrote in
news:81f4248d0804252201w1398d678la7d998ba32f5539d at mail.gmail.com:

> Hi Jorge,
>
>  ... the new question is,
> is there any prediction for the cox model? I tried
> predict(Surv(y~x),newdata), it only gave the fitted values. Any clue
> on this? thanks a lot!

I cannot claim great expertise in this area, but my impression is that a
Surv() objects is not really a Cox model, but rather an object that can
be an argument to one of the Cox PH functions. Suggestion: construct an
example and remember to specify which of the libraries the Cox function
came from.

--
David Winsemius