[R] R and condor

Scillieri, John John.Scillieri at constellation.com
Fri Apr 25 15:31:44 CEST 2008

Paul,

This is what some of our condor files look like. The script actually
goes through and cleans out our log directory (hence the name):

--- CleanCondorLogs.condor -----------------------

JobName = CleanCondorLogs

LogHeader = $(JobName).$(Cluster).$(Process).$$(Machine)

input = <path to r script>/CleanCondorLogs.R
output = <log directory here>$(LogHeader).out
Error = <log directory here>$(LogHeader).err
log = <log directory here>/CleanCondorLogs.log

executable = $ENV(SystemRoot)\system32\cmd.exe
arguments = /Q /C RunR.bat

transfer_executable = False
should_transfer_files = No
getenv = True
environment = "TMP=C:\temp TEMP=C:\temp"
run_as_owner = true
Universe = vanilla

--------------------------------

The RunR.bat file looks like this:

------- Run.R.bat --------------

C:\windows\system32\net.exe use H: <NETWORK PATH TO H: DRIVE USED BY
YOUR CONDOR/R PROGRAM> /PERSISTENT:NO
"C:\R\R-2.6.1\bin\Rscript.exe" --no-save --no-restore --no-init-file
--no-environ -

We use the Run.R.bat file because it lets us not only mount required
network drives in Condor, but also upgrade our R as we see fit without
having to change 100+ condor files to point to the new path to R.

Hope that helps, let me know if you still run into trouble.

John