[R] Documentation General Comments

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Tue Apr 22 17:28:55 CEST 2008

FWIW:

I consider the documentation of Core R to be one of its great strengths: it
is terse (read: to the point), detailed, and accurate. I find it eminently
useful and helpful. Indeed, it was why I made the decision some years ago to
switch from S-Plus to R (I readily acknowledge that S-Plus may have improved
its docs since then -- haven't looked at it in years). While I understand
that it may not suit everyone -- learning styles differ, after all -- may I
at least say that there is one user out here who is appreciative of the hard
work and care that has gone into the documentation. Far FAR better than
anything I could do!

-- Bert Gunter
Genentech