[R] how to convert non numeric data into numeric?

Peter Alspach PAlspach at hortresearch.co.nz
Tue Apr 22 04:07:37 CEST 2008

Kakul

lapply() returns a list - as stated in the help file (in general, the
help files and documentation provided with R are very good once one gets
used to them).  Lists are, potentially, complex things and it makes no
sense to add them.  Presumably in your case it does make sense to add
them - in which case you must first coerce them into another form, or
use a function other than lapply() in the first place.  Which might be
the better option depends upon the nature of reqdIRR.

Peter Alspach