[R] Documentation General Comments

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Tue Apr 22 00:46:26 CEST 2008

On 21/04/2008 6:36 PM, Dr. Jeff Miller wrote:
> I agree completely.  Maybe it's time for an exhaustive manual (with weekly
> downloadable updates, of course).
>
> It would also be nice if it were cross-referenced. For example, to get what
> I wanted last weekend from a simple 2x2 contingency analysis, I had to
> bounce between 4 different libraries. (All I was trying to do was replicate
> the output from SAS Proc Freq).
>
> A lot of the library documentations have a See Also section but these may be
> getting out of date.
>
> But maybe our request is too monumental to be feasible. (?)

No, it's entirely achievable.  Like all open source projects, the things
that get done are those that scratch an itch.  You and Kenneth both see
a need for better docs:  so write some!  (Maybe you don't feel expert
enough to do that.  In that case, organize a project to encourage other
people to contribute better documentation.  What would encourage them?
Positive feedback, financial support, etc:  the usual things.)

Remember:  you aren't a customer.  You are a collaborator.

Duncan Murdoch