[R] Bar Charts

john.hogan john.hogan4 at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 21 17:03:34 CEST 2008

Hello,

Im trying to create a bar chart. I have a file with two different columns. I
have created bar charts before where I am only reading from one column but
now i wish to read from two columns. Here is the code i use when creating
bar charts when reading from one column:

satisfaction <-read.table("C://project/graphs/satisfaction/reason.csv",
sep=",", header=TRUE)
barplot(table(satisfaction$reason),
cex.names=1.0,
col="blue",
ylab="Number of people surveyed",
border="blue", density=c(10,20,30,40,50),
main="Results")

Does this code above need to change much to create 2 bars in my graph?

Here is my file I am working with. Im basically looking to present in a
graph the number of females that are managers or Clerical staff.

gender	relationship
Female	Manager
Female	Clerical
Female	Clerical