[R] ANCOVA error again

Birgit Lemcke birgit.lemcke at systbot.uzh.ch
Mon Apr 21 15:43:03 CEST 2008

Hello R users!

I got again an error message.

I used this code:

	with (FemMal85_Sex, {
							 ModelFemMal85<-				glm
(Sex~outLatTep_like_other*outLatTep_like_conduplicate*outLatTep_keeled_w
inged*spathellae_conspicuous*spathellae_inconspicuous_absent

*InfSpath_persistence*InfSpath_caducuous*bractsSpacing_lax*bractsSpacing
_imbricate*InfType_sparsely_paniculate*InfType_racemose*InfType_panicula
te*InfType_globose*bracApexShape_truncate
*bracApexShape_rounded
*bracApexShape_obtuse
*bracApexShape_acute
*bracApexShape_acuminate
*bracApexShape_apiculate
*bracApexShape_aciculate
*BracUpperMarg_like_rest*BracUpperMarg_memebranous*BracUpperMarg_honeyco
mbed_cells*InfSpathText_coriaceous*InfSpathText_hyaline*InfSpathText_cha
rtaceous*InfSpathText_cartilaginous*InfSpathText_membranous*spikShapeSid
e_linear*spikShapeSide_oblong*spikShapeSide_square*spikShapeSide_ellipti
cal*spikShapeSide_ovate*spikShapeSide_obovate*spikShapeSide_obtriangular
*spikShapeSide_orbicular*spikShapeSide_undifferentiated*SpikApexShape_tr
uncate*SpikApexShape_rounded*SpikApexShape_obtuse*SpikApexShape_acute*Sp
ikApexShape_undifferentiated*BracShape_linear*BracShape_oblong*BracShape
_square*BracShape_elliptical*BracShape_ovate*BracShape_obovate*BracShape
_orbicular*BracText_bony*BracText_coriaceous*BracText_hyline*BracText_ch
artaceous*BracText_cartilaginous
*BracText_membranous
*BracText_centrChartaceousMargMembranous
*TepText_bony*TepText_coriaceous*TepText_chartaceous
       *TepText_cartilaginous
*TepText_membranous*InfLengthMin*InfLengthMax*InfWidthMin*InfWidthMax*Sp
athellaeLengthMin*SpathellaeLengthMax*SpikLengthMin*SpikLengthMax*FlowNu
mbSpikMin*FlowNumbSpikMax*BracLengthMin*BracLengthMax*FlowLengthMin*Flow
LengthMax*InfSpathLengthToSpikMin*InfSpathLengthToSpikMax*TepInOutMin*Te
pInOutMax*BracLengthtoFlowMin*BracLengthtoFlowMax*BracMargMin*BracMargMa
x*BracAwnToBodyMin*BracAwnToBodyMax,
na.action=na.exclude,family=binomial)})

and got this error message:

  *** caught segfault ***
address 0xbf7fffb0, cause 'memory not mapped'

Traceback:
  1: terms.formula(formula, data = data)
  2: terms(formula, data = data)
  3: model.frame.default(formula = Sex ~ outLatTep_like_other *
outLatTep_like_conduplicate *........... * BracAwnToBodyMax,
drop.unused.levels = TRUE)
  4: model.frame(formula = Sex ~ outLatTep_like_other *
outLatTep_like_conduplicate *........... * BracAwnToBodyMax,
drop.unused.levels = TRUE)
  5: eval(expr, envir, enclos)
  6: eval(mf, parent.frame())
  7: glm(Sex ~ outLatTep_like_other * outLatTep_like_conduplicate
*............* BracAwnToBodyMax,     family = binomial)
  8: eval.with.vis(expr, envir, enclos)
  9: eval.with.vis(ei, envir)
10: source("/Users/birgitlemcke/Job/Doktorarbeit/R/Protokolle_Codes/
Protokoll21.04.08.R")

Possible actions:
1: abort (with core dump, if enabled)
2: normal R exit
3: exit R without saving workspace
4: exit R saving workspace
Selection:

........... I deleted here some of the 85 variables

What does this message mean?

Thanks a lot in advance.

B.