[R] How to do survival analysis with time-related IVs?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon Apr 21 15:24:07 CEST 2008

"Tianxu" <tc332 at drexel.edu> wrote in
news:20080421012323.F06A311662F at smtp.mail.drexel.edu:

> I am wondering how to do survival analysis with time-related IVs in
> R. For example,

See section 4 of Fox's contribution:

<http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Fox-Companion/appendix-cox-regression.pdf>

<http://cran.r-project.org/doc/contrib/Fox-Companion/cox-regression.txt>

<snip example>

> And then run logistic regression using "censor" as the DV?

I was initially unclear about why you were running logistic regression on
"censor", but perhaps you are trying to assess the non-informative
censoring assumption? The R function that immediately comes to mind
is glm( ...., family=binomial). Hmisc package also has lrm(...) and
associated summary and diagnostic functions.

--
David Winsemius