[R] rgl snapshot

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sun Apr 20 12:10:13 CEST 2008

On 20/04/2008 12:33 AM, Mike Ryckman wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I know I can save a snapshot an rgl device, but currently it only appears to
> do png format.  Is there some way of exporting a high-quality picture more
> fit for publication?

There's also rgl.postscript.  It uses the gl2ps library to convert to
Postscript, PDF, svg, etc.  There are fairly severe limitations to how
well it works, but give it a try.

Alternatively, just take a very large snapshot, and it may be of
acceptable quality when reduced.  par3d(windowRect=...) allows you to
automatically resize your window.

Duncan Murdoch