[R] Blank windows in Rcmdr

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Wed Apr 16 16:32:05 CEST 2008

Dear Fehmi,

Curiously, I check the Rcmdr package on an up-to-date Ubuntu 7.10
system running R 2.6.2. I've just checked again after updating both
Ubuntu and all R packages, and I can't duplicate your problem -- the
"Tools -> Load packages" menu works fine for me, as does everything
else that I checked.

Perhaps other Ubuntu users can relate their experiences: Do they
encounter this problem, or does the Rcmdr seem to work. If the former,
I guess that there must be something peculiar about your system.

Regards,
 John

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 23:14:25 -0700 (PDT)
 Fehmi YAZICI <yazicifehmi at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I started to learn R and like to use Rcmdr. I have the latest R
> (R-2.6.2) and R commander (1.3-14). When I go to Tools menu (for
> example) pull down "load packages" in Rcmdr, a blank window is up and
> there is nothing in it. I can not select and move to next step. This
> also happens with the other functions like in Graphs menu. I know
> that Rcmdr uses Tcl/Tk interface. I do not have this experience with
> other programs like amsn. is this related to Rcmdr or my system
> configuration?. I could not find similar problems in Ubuntu forums.
>
>  My Ubuntu 7.10 is up to date
>
>  Thanks for your help
>
>  library(Rcmdr)
>
>  Rcmdr Version 1.3-14
>
>  > Error in get(paste("on", toupper(letter), sep = "")) :
>    variable "onÝ" was not found
>

> Dr. Fehmi YAZICI
> Ondokuz Mayis University
> TURKEY