[R] Questions related to plotting boxplots of time series data

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Wed Apr 16 02:20:14 CEST 2008

List,

I have looked through several R books and searched the web to find
answers to my questions with no results. I have an ensemble of time
series data (what are essentially Monte Carlo simulations) which I would
like to summarize as a time series of boxplots, by date/time at 6-hr
intervals. I don't know how to do this and I am not sure how I should
structure the data to get what I want. Another related question: while
doing this, can I have some of the time series shorter than others?

Ideally I would prefer to depict 99%, 95%, 75%, 50%, etc. confidence
intervals to show the distribution of the data. Is this possible? How
can I do it?

Thanks in advance…

Regards,
Tom