[R] Using the Arial font in the plot function.

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Apr 14 16:25:07 CEST 2008

You forgot to tell us your OS, so it was probably Windows.

If it is Windows, Arial is the default font for the windows() family of
devices, including png().  However, bitmapped plots don't have text or
fonts, just pixels.

As for postscript(), I am unaware of the existence of a PostScript font
called 'arial'.  Arial as used on Windows and Mac OS is a truetype font,
and although there are some ways to incorporate truetype fonts in
PostScript, they will need to be done external to R.

But you also forgot to tell why you want such a plot, and I would have
expected a Windows metafile (the win.metafile() device, or from a menu)
was the right transfer medium on Windows.