[R] R equivalent of erfcinv in matlab

Ben Bolker bolker at ufl.edu
Mon Apr 14 02:59:54 CEST 2008

 <Bill.Venables <at> csiro.au> writes:

> At a guess ...
>
> > erfc <- function(x) 2 * pnorm(x * sqrt(2), lower = FALSE)
> > erfcinv <- function(x) qnorm(x/2, lower = FALSE)/sqrt(2)
> > erfc(0.3)
> [1] 0.6713732
> > erfcinv(erfc(0.3))
> [1] 0.3
> >

> It may not hurt to include these wrappers in R for matlab refugees.
> They seem to be coming thick and fast these days.

  There's a page on the wiki about matlab to R (actually
I think it's titled "Octave to R" -- this could go on
there whether or not it gets into base R.
I would put it on myself, right now, but the wiki
appears to be down?

 ping wiki.r-project.org
PING econum.umh.ac.be (193.190.194.5) 56(84) bytes of data.

  Ben Bolker