[R] Calinsky and Harabasz Index for Cluster Determination with Diana in R

ozgun.harmanci ozgun.harmanci at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 00:06:39 CEST 2008

Hello all,
I have a set of data points, which I have pair distances for. I
managed to create dendrogram for this data set using diana() in R,
however this only gives me the tree and not the clusters themselves. I
am trying to determine clusters using Calinsky and Harabasz Index (CH
Index). I, however, cannot find how to accomplish this using R. Is
there anyone who could help me with this? I searched R documentation
for implementation of CH index and found some things but not the
clustering. Thanks a bunch.

Sincerely,
Arif.