[R] nonlinear curve fitting on a torus

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sun Apr 13 22:54:17 CEST 2008

      Having seen no reply to this, I will offer a couple of comments
that may or may not be useful.  Googling for "geodesic equation on a
torus" produced interesting hits, but RSiteSearch("geodesic equation on
a torus") found nothing.  RSiteSearch("torus") returned 33 hits, some of
which referred to a package "geozoo".

      If you want a solution of a differential equation, you might
consider lsoda {odesolve}.  The 'fda' package may also be useful.

      To say more, I'd prefer to hear more specifics from you.  PLEASE
do read the posting guide "http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html"
Doing so can make it much easier for people to understand what you
want.  If you provide code that doesn't quite work, someone who is
interested can copy it from your email into R and try things, possibly
generating a solution to your problem.  Without a self-contained
example, you restrict the pool of possible respondents to people who
have actually worked with a "geodesic equation on a torus" -- or to
fools like me who are willing to expose their ignorance commenting on
something we know essentially nothing about.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer Graves