[R] Error in fromchar(as.character(x)) : character string is not in a standard unambiguous format

Petr PIKAL petr.pikal at precheza.cz
Fri Apr 11 13:18:09 CEST 2008

Hi

r-help-bounces at r-project.org napsal dne 11.04.2008 12:47:57:

> Brian,
>

> Thanks for your reply. The data I have was downloaded from a
> government database so it now seems that the problem is how to
> convert all the records in the format '1-Apr-08' to the format
2008-04-11.

There is no need to convert it externally. Your Order.Made.Date is not
time but factors. You need to to transform them to time/date format e.g.
by

time.data<-strptime(your data, format = .....)

see as.Date for details.

Then you can use them in your construction without any problem.

Regards
Petr