[R] two graphs in one figure?

ONKELINX, Thierry Thierry.ONKELINX at inbo.be
Thu Apr 10 15:36:26 CEST 2008

Dear Anne-Katrin,

You could use ggplot to do this. The example below works, although it generates some warnings.

library(ggplot2)
dataset <- data.frame(x = 0:55, y = rnorm(56, 10), z = runif(56, 9, 11))
ggplot(data = dataset) + geom_bar(aes(x = factor(x), y = y), position = "dodge") + geom_line(aes(x = x, y = z))

HTH,

Thierry

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Instituut voor natuur- en bosonderzoek / Research Institute for Nature and Forest
Cel biometrie, methodologie en kwaliteitszorg / Section biometrics, methodology and quality assurance
Gaverstraat 4
9500 Geraardsbergen
Belgium
tel. + 32 54/436 185
Thierry.Onkelinx op inbo.be
www.inbo.be

To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say what the experiment died of.
~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher

The plural of anecdote is not data.
~ Roger Brinner

The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
~ John Tukey