[R] Number of words in a string

Shubha Vishwanath Karanth shubhak at ambaresearch.com
Wed Apr 9 17:46:49 CEST 2008

To put it simple,

C=c("My Dog", "Its really good", "Beautiful")

Now,
SOMEFUNCTION(C) should give: c("My", "Its really", "")

Thanks,
Shubha Karanth | Amba Research
Ph +91 80 3980 8031 | Mob +91 94 4886 4510
Bangalore * Colombo * London * New York * San José * Singapore * www.ambaresearch.com

Exactly...this is what I wanted... Can we also extract/remove the last word of the strings?

Example:
> C=c("My Dog", "Its really good", "Beautiful")
> sapply(strsplit(C, " "), length)
[1] 2 3 1