[R] Overlapping distributions (populations) - assigning an individual to a population?

Phil Rhoades phil at pricom.com.au
Wed Apr 9 00:30:29 CEST 2008

People,

Say a particular measure of an attribute for individuals in different
populations gives a set of overlapping normal distributions (one
distribution per population).  If I then measure this attribute in a new
individual - how do I assess the likelihood of this new individual
belonging to each of the different populations?

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW      2001
Australia
Fax:     +61:(0)2-8221-9599