[R] Quick fix formatting

Jamie Ledingham jamie.ledingham at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Apr 7 18:34:39 CEST 2008

Hi all,
I'm hoping there's a quick fix for this.

I have two data frames and am running a loop to match similar rows.
However the matching is not working well, and I suspect it is because of
the different formats of columns.  For example, in col. 1 of dataframe 1
the nummbers are formatted as 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9...31  However in col. 1
dataframe 2 the numbers are 01,02,03,04,05,06,07,08,09...31  After
investigation it seems only the numbers below 10  do not match up well
(i.e. those with a 0 in).

My question is: is there a quick fix so I can convert the first set of
numbers into the format of the second?  I could write a loop and if
statement but that seems a lot and I thought there must be an easier way
out there.  However having searched the archives, nothing has appeared.

Thanks
Jamie