[R] Executing a telnet session from R

Claus Wilke cwilke at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 7 02:44:08 CEST 2008

Don't use telnet, use rsh or (better) ssh. You can set up your identity on the
remote host so that ssh doesn't ask for your password (see ssh
documentation), and you can give ssh the command(s) that should be executed
on the remote host (again see ssh documentation).

Claus

--
Claus Wilke
Section of Integrative Biology