[R] Reloading java classes with rJava

Gregory Jefferis gsxej2 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Apr 3 12:06:03 CEST 2008

Dear R people,

I have recently started using rJava to interact with Java code that I have
written and am finding it a very useful bridge. Thanks!

I have now run into a problem I can't figure out. If I edit and recompile my
java source code I would like to force rJava to reload the modified java
class.  However even doing:

.jinit(force.init=TRUE)

To restart the jvm doesn't seem to do this.  Is this possible without
restarting R?  Many thanks,

Greg.

rJava 0.5-1 from CRAN

platform       i386-apple-darwin8.10.1
arch           i386
os             darwin8.10.1
system         i386, darwin8.10.1
status
major          2
minor          6.2
year           2008
month          02
day            08
svn rev        44383
language       R
version.string R version 2.6.2 (2008-02-08)

--
Gregory Jefferis, PhD                                   and:
Research Fellow

Lab Tel: +44 (0)1223 336683                     Office: +44 (0)1223 339899
Lab Fax: +44 (0)1223 336676

gsxej2 at cam.ac.uk
http://www.zoo.cam.ac.uk/zoostaff/jefferis.html
http://www.neuroscience.cam.ac.uk/directory/profile.php?gsxej2