[R] rotate bar labels in barplot()

Peter Alspach PAlspach at hortresearch.co.nz
Thu Apr 3 02:38:26 CEST 2008

Ricardo

The las argument will allow rotation of 90 degrees:

par(mfrow=c(2,2))
barplot(1:10, names=letters[1:10], las=0)
barplot(1:10, names=letters[1:10], las=1)
barplot(1:10, names=letters[1:10], las=2)
barplot(1:10, names=letters[1:10], las=3)

If you want to do other rotation angles then it will be more complicated (but not much).

HTH ....

Peter Alspach