[R] Compile R code into exe

francogrex francogrex at mail.com
Wed Apr 2 10:01:22 CEST 2008

*I did some search before, I saw in the Nabbles forum one question about it
but without replies*.

I have a program written in R. For regulatory purposes I need to make exe
program of it and distribute to some users (the reason they don't want that
I provide the raw R code and that users run it on their R application is
that they don't want users to somehow inadvertantly mess up the code,
especially that very few have R installed and know how to work with it). I
am not very good in writing in C++, so my question is there a way to
directly compile an R code into an executable program without having to
convert it to C or C++ first? Thanks.