[R] Applying rbind() to a sequence of data frame names

Hans W. Borchers hwborchers at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 17:44:24 CEST 2008

I have a set of data frames ds1, ds2, ... each having the same columns
and column names:

  ds1 <- data.frame(x=c(1,2,3,4), y=c(5,6,7,8))
  ds1 <- data.frame(x=c(9,10,11,12), y=c(13,14,15,16))

and I would like to combine them into just one data frame like

  ds <- rbind(ds1, ds2, ...)

Because there are so many of them, I will have to use a character array

  nms <- c("ds1", "ds2", ...)

How can I use this character array to generate a command using rbind()
on all of these data frames at once.

I tried to apply eval() somehow, but did not come up with the right idea.

Thanks