[R] fitted values in LMER for the fixed-effects only

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Sat Sep 29 21:37:13 CEST 2007

On 9/28/07, Anouk Simard <Anouk.Simard <at> bio.ulaval.ca> wrote:

> > I would like to extract the fitted values from a model using LMER but
> > only for the fix portion of the model and not for the fix and random
> > portion (e.g it is the procedure outpm or outp in SAS).
..
Quoting Douglas Bates <bates <at> stat.wisc.edu>

> > The calculation of the level = 0 fitted values in the new
> > representation of the fitted model is quite easy. It is
> >
> > fm1 at X %*% fixef(fm1)"

Douglas Bates replied

> Yes.

Mmm.. If I consider a few hundreds of messages in this list on the subject,
it's considered dirty to use the fm1 at X or fm1$X construct. So should we
expect that this is final (no longer fitted(), augPred etc), or is it work
in prooogresssssssss?

Dieter