[R] Converting to mode numeric within a matrix

R Help rhelp.stats at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 16:46:28 CEST 2007

Your problem is that a matrix can't be a mix of data types, but a data
frame can.  Try the following code.

newBest = as.data.frame(best)

Now you can convert the column of numbers in newBest to numbers from
the factors they start as.  Check the help file for data.frame(...)
for more details of how to label correctly.

Sam