[R] Graphics and LaTeX documents with the same font

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 15:18:14 CEST 2007

On 9/28/07, Prof Brian Ripley <ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> > I know how to export graphics as pdf files and then how to include
> > them in LaTeX documents. However, I do not know how to do in order to
> > have the text of the graphics written with the font selected for the
> > LaTeX document. Is that possible?
>
> Well, it depends on what that font is.  But if it is TeX font,
> see the section called 'TeX fonts' in ?postscript and the detailed
> description in the article in R-news 6/2 by Paul Murrell and myself.
>
> If it is an Adobe Type1 font such as Times New Roman, just specify an
> appropriate family in the pdf() call.
>
> Dietrich Trenkler wrote:
>
> > maybe you will find the psfrag package useful.
>
> I doubt it will be even usable with PDF (there are pdfrack and Xfigfrag,
> though), and with postscript it is at best a kludge as R does its own
> micro-positioning of text based on the font metrics.

Thanks to both. PSTricks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PSTricks

draws figures that, when inserted in a LaTeX document, their font
matches the one selected for the LaTeX document. If I may, I would
like to submit to your consideration the suggestion of implementing
the exportation of R graphics to PSTricks.

Paul