[R] New R website: R-Cookbook.com

Jeff admin at r-cookbook.com
Fri Sep 28 00:09:24 CEST 2007

R Community,

I've put together a website that I thought this mailing list might be
interested in: http://www.r-cookbook.com

It's a (free) community-driven content management system for R
"recipes", or working examples.  Some of the features of the site are
code highlighting, recipe ratings, recipe comments, personal "recipe
boxes" to save your favorite recipes, community tagging, RSS feeds
for each user and for each tag, and similar recipe recommendations.

Although I imagine that many users will sort/search/find recipes by
tags, I've implemented a linear organization for recipes as well:
guides.  These will be compilations of "recipes", organized in a
logical fashion as to promote understanding of the topic of that
particular guide and introduced with user-contributed pages.  Over
time, hopefully with the help of the community, more guides will be
created and the ones I have will be filled-in to actually be useful.
I have started several guides to give you an idea of the sort of
thing I'm thinking: Introduction to R, Longitudinal Modeling in R,
Exploratory Data Analysis in R, and more here, http://www.r-
cookbook.com/guide

A couple of features that will be worked on in the near future are
(1) the design of the site and (2) working on a more interactive code
display (right now, functions are highlighted and linked to the r-
docs, but that's it).

I hope some of you might find the site useful and perhaps even
consider contributing your own recipes.  If you have any suggestions
or feature requests, I'd be glad to hear them!

Jeff.