[R] Cairo on windows

Moisan Yves ymoisan at groupesm.com
Thu Sep 27 19:11:44 CEST 2007

> You could also try the cairoDevice package, which should definitely
> work with the gtk libraries that you probably have from installing
> GGobi.

Hi Hadley,

I tried that also before posting on R-help :

> library(cairoDevice)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        impossible de charger la bibliothèque partagée 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-25~1.1/library/cairoDevice/libs/cairoDevice.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  La procédure spécifiée est introuvable.

Erreur : le chargement du package / espace de noms a échoué pour 'cairoDevice'

Translation : impossible to load shared library 'C:/PROGRA~1/R/R-25~1.1/library/cairoDevice/libs/cairoDevice.dll'

The library *is* at C:/Program Files/R/R-2.5.1/library/cairoDevice/libs so I'm wondering if the path mentioned in the error log is where 'library' is looking or if that path gets expanded (e.g. "PROGRA~1" becomes "Program Files").  I looked at library to see if I can supply it with a hard path where to find the dll but playing with libpath and lib.loc won't help.  Is that a matter of Cairo and cairoDevice not installing properly on Windows ?

TIA,

Yves