[R] Connecting R to PostgreSQL via RODBC, on Windows

mfrumin michael at frumin.net
Thu Sep 27 03:18:48 CEST 2007

hey all,

I feel like I must be missing something rather plain, but I don't get it.
how is one supposed to use R as a PgSQL client on Windows?  Assume my
windows desktop is on the same network as a PgSQL server, and I just need to
use R to connect and pull down some data.

The thing that is confusing me is that RODBC doesn't seem to know anything
about PgSQL, in that  odbcDataSources(type = "all") only returns info about
MS/Excell/Access/dBase stuff.  What does it take to get RODBC to deal with
PgSQL?

thanks,
mike